Skip to content

Interpreter Services


For Patients and Visitors: Interpreters are available free for patients and visitors that need assistance in languages other than English. University of Utah Hospital has Spanish-speaking interpreters on staff and additional resources are available to provide assistance for most languages.

If you do not speak English, or if you are deaf, hard of hearing, or sight impaired, and participate in a program or activity receiving federal funding such as CHIP, Medicaid, or Medicare, you have the right to a free interpreter. Please ask someone at the front desk. To contact Interpreter Services please call: 801-585-0657 or visit Patient-Family Interpreter Services.

For Students: Students who wish to request an interpreter should contact the Center for Disability and Access (801-581-5020 or Requests for interpreters can also be submitted online

For University Faculty and Staff: University faculty and staff who need interpreter services in the workplace due to a disability or medical condition should do so by requesting an ADA accommodation.


Last Updated: 4/16/24